Good but affordable senior or diet cat food, high in fiber.

After having several surgeries this year (hit by car) and getting to be 6 yrs old, my cat has become more sensitive to food(getting sick) and my vet recommended trying a higher fiber food such as a senior or diet dry food.

Anyone know any that are good but also not crazy expensive..I don't mean supper cheap just not $50 bucks a bag or something.

Thanks!

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pets

• I think your best bet is to go to a pet store and ask the employees about what you're trying to find. They should be able to help you out if not go to petmed.com I'm sure they have a forum page you can ask about the cat food situation.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Cat food recipes; How about home cooking for your cat?   This one is for cats that tend to vomit... LOW fat for cats that have digeston troubles.

Excellent for all ages: Low cost to make your own:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cat-Food-3490/2009/8/feline-pancreatitis-elderly-thin.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 10:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I like to use Purina dry cat food. You need to also feed her wet food once a day (like the morning). With you cat having issues, feeding her dry food all of the time may cause UTI-which are deadly for cats. Good luck!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2010