Looking for a great foundation?

I havent bought a foundation in a long time. I was wondering what are the best brands to get and what is the difference in the powders or the liquids? Some that is affordable adn can get at like Walmart or a Pharmacy.

morena24

Asked by morena24 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm sorry, I'm a professional make up artist and I really haven't found anything from a drugstore that screams fabulous. I use Smashbox professionally and personally, and I am by no means rich. I only buy it every four to five months. I used to use cover girl and had to buy every month. The smashbox set comes with primer, concealer, foundation, and powder for $50 at ULTA. It leaves the skin looking perfect and smooth, and lasts all day long. I have horrible skin and people think my skin is perfect! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yeah, that goes double for me. I use Merle Norman or MAC.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• See...here's the problem ~ What works well for one person is a nightmare for another. I wouldn't put MAC or Smashbox on my face if you paid me. Not because either are bad products, they just aren't the right product for me. On the other hand, I have great luck with Revlon Colorstay.

It's the most frustrating part of makeup. Finding the brand with the right color and formulation that works for you.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Revlon tests on animals.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• as far as drugstore brands, i like revlon colorstay and i even like covergirl-with a good primer.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 5:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• oh... and the liquids give a more 'full coverage' look than the powders. ;) i personally am not a big fan of using powdered foundation, but to each their own!
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 5:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The best ones for lasting power, and oil control are no doubt:

Revlon Colorstay-
    Estee Lauder Double Wear.

Best powder--Coty (yep).;)

NYC---cheap and better then expensive blotting sheets!!

Estee Lauder double wear pressed powder

See, if you have a good lasting foundation--then the rest of your makeup is sure to stay put--even if they are cheap.;) Foundation is key to good makeup (as well as good skin) ;)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Love smashbox and bare minerals
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2010