My son is throwing up but not sick.

Has anyone else dealt with this? DS is in Kindergarten. Yesterday the school nurse called me to come get him because he threw up. When I picked him up, he was happy as could be. He told me he just ate too much. I believed it, because he acted like his normal self and had no more problems.

Today when I picked him up at the end of the day, his teacher told me he threw up again. This time it was 2 hours after he had last eaten. He is still acting like his normal self. He still says he just ate too much. I know well enough to not believe that this time.

I called his pediatrician. We only spoke on the phone. She just told me to watch his temperature and bring him in if he gets a fever. She said that she has had to admit other children to the hospital with strep, and it started this way. His temperature was 97 degrees, so I don't see a fever coming on. I'm thinking about seeing another pediatrician.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions?

CrazyMom5480

Asked by CrazyMom5480 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I would wait a few more days and if it keeps happening I would take him to see another doctor. It may just be his eating to fast and/or to much
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• it may be assidereflux... my nefue did that and thats what it was
    eaglesbaby1

Answer by eaglesbaby1 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Agree with above, also this is only happening at school right? Do you think he might be getting picked on at school and this is his nerves? I am not saying it is but I know when my DD was having issues at school she did that or would complain about a tummy ache but still act "normal".
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i just went through this with my DD and she was sick for about a week and a half i took her to the doc and she said she didnt know what it was .is he having bowel movements cuz my DD didnt she started getting a fever after 3 days of this she threw up everything and anything she ate or drank if he isnt moving his bowels and still throwing up i would deffinatly take him to a new doc he could have a blockage in his bowels and watch for dehydration good luck with him
    BGBsmom

Answer by BGBsmom at 11:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There is a strain of strep going around that starts with vomiting and no temp. Keep an eye on him and, if you pack his lunch for him, try and pack a little LESS...see if it's really "eating" too much that's causing him to get sick...if he has school lunch, ask the teacher to see if someone can keep an eye on him for a day or so to see if he's eating too fast/too much.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My neice does this..but she makes herself get sick to AVOID going to school..(not sure how she does it)..but she has serious issues mentally with worrying about what other kids think of her--she is only 11.

However, it sounds like nerves, or avoidance to wanting to be in school.

I've posted this a lot on forums, but Apple Cider vinegar always helps with:

-vomitting
    -diaria
    -indegestion
    -acid reflux
    -blood pressure

Look up Apple Cider vinegar cures
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had this issue as a child, now my child has it. Celiac Disease. You feel like you ate too much because bread makes you feel bloated, nausea, and overly full. However, you still feel heathy, active, and fine. Then all of a sudden you are nauseus and throwing up...then fine again. Have him tested. As a child the syptoms come and go. His symptoms may disappear and reappear when hes two years older. Thats what happened to me.
    jess11135

Answer by jess11135 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2013