Just wondering if anyone else has lost a child, and how they deal with their loss during the holidays

rockchik

Asked by rockchik at 10:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I have not. If you have, I am very sorry for your loss.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss...here's a bump.
    Also maybe look for a group that deals with loss of children, I'm sure there's at least one.
    *hugs*
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, unfortunately, I have. My only daughter was murdered in 2007 at only 19 years old. My family and I remember her by decorating her grave with Christmas decorations every year. We also have a special ornament we hang on the tree in her memory. We say a prayer for her as we do either of these things. We also attend a candle light ceremony held at the cemetery/funeral home where she is buried and light a candle in her memory. I find it helpful to talk about her and her life, remembering the good, the bad and the funny and the sad. If you have lost a child, I can truly say I know your heartache and I send you my deepest most sincere sympathy. Remember your loved ones are always alive in your hearts and memories. I send you my love, prayers and hugs.
    cemoore1225

Answer by cemoore1225 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010