Hey does any one know if me and my kids can get sick after my Hubby has theflu vaccine?

its the live virus in his nose thanks in advance

tdmag

Asked by tdmag at 6:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• you shouldn't. some people who get the shot do get sick because it is putting a live virus in your system. my hubby is active duty air force and they give them the flumist. it goes in the nose and it always makes my hubby pretty sick. the only reason one of the little ones would get sick is if they are under a year.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Although the chances are low it CAN happen.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It's a myth people. It's not a live virus they are giving you. You will not get sick and if you it's just a coincidence. Good grief

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/flu_vaccine.html

Anonymous

• yes! everyone i know who gets that darn thing, gets the flu shortly afterward, and usually 10x worse than if they just risked it in the first place. i never get that thing and have not had the flu in 3 years!
    windowgirl

Answer by windowgirl at 8:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2008