what bith controll method are you currently on and how do you like it?

[we hate condoms but dont want another lil one just yet]

Kamarias_mommy

Asked by Kamarias_mommy at 6:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• I am using the Mirena IUD, I like it so far, its only been two weeks though. I took the shot and gained weight, I used the patch and that was a joke, I used pills and got pregnant, we hate condoms and they were ruining our sex life (that rubbery feeling is a massive turn off). So far I would recommend this, it is very pricey though if your insurance won't cover it.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My husband had a vasectomy and I love it!
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i have tried the patch, the ring, and the mirena. right now i am on yaz and have only had one late period, it was only late by a day. i am thinking about the paragard iud thought. i tend to get sick and moody with synthetic hormones.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have the ring...hate it lol
    Anonymous

• I have the mirena iud, as of 2 days ago. It is cool so far, no bleeding, except the night I got it. A little twingy cramping every now and then, not too bad.....BUT getting it in, was HELL. I have had two babies, natural, with one dose of stadol damn near too late to help and I have to say, having it inserted SUCKED! I had depo and I couldn't LOSE weight, didn't gain any, just couldn't lose it. Plus I'd been on it off and on for years and years, and it was time to get off it.
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 8:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Umm...hysterectomy...and I LOVE it! LOL! (Sorry, I know that's not helpful but I was tired of debating politics and wanted to answer a question that didn't have anything to do with them!)
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have had a tubal ligation, and it seems to work pretty well so far!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have liked Yaz, but I forget to take the pill too often, the nuva ring kept popping out when we had sex, and I have had the shot. If you ask me the shot is the best, you don't have to worry about it and you can go in a week before your next shot is due so you're good for another 3 months. I know alot of people are concerned about gaining weight with the shot, but I haven't.
    MommyTuiaki

Answer by MommyTuiaki at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had a tubal ligation 2 years ago. I love it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I use seasonique pill I like it so far, and a period once every 3 months is nice
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008