how would u react

how would u handle this ive been in a relationship 2 years now my partner has a daughter with another women,
my partner has not seen his daughter for two years because the mom basically dont want the dad in thr childs life. but we told her that well take her to court over it because theres no reason for her actions.
anyway long story short his going to c his daughter nxt wednesday but i have been asked by the mother not to come .... how would u react to this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would by pass the visit and go to court anyways, I get so tired of ex,s trying to run the show. i have kids that visit there dad and i have never said he needs to come alone.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• "We'll?" You mean him, right? You should have no say in this!!!!! Its not YOUR daughter.

I wish your HUSBAND luck in seeing her. Its nice you want to be apart of her life, but what goes on is
    none of your business. Period.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Your not his wife & if i was the little girls mother Id ask you too stay home too.
    I dont care if youve been together 2 yrs or 12yrs if your not married I dont want you around my kid.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i understand i have no say but wen we start getting her on weekends she will have no clue who i am and thats wat annoys me because she might threat without her mom there. i fully understand this is a delicate situation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i don't think it is up to the biological mom, honestly. once you are married to the man, then she has no say for sure.
    think long and hard before you get into a relationship with someone with a family...for the child's sake. you can offer love, i am sure, but there is a lot of baggage that comes along...can you hang?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i would be ok about this , put youself in her shoes , she probably wants to see how it goes with just him , it takes time for all this , and there is alot to worry about for for her and his daughter , support him and stay ok with this , how would you feel if this was your kid and your ex wanted his girlfriend there --- it aint appropriate ---yet.- for many diff reasons.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• WOoooo pink,kileighs I agree with both of you also!!!

To the OP, you really should just stay out of it. Its not your job to wipe his daughters nose.
    Like I said, its wonderful you want to be apart..but really do them a favor and just be silent.

I'm not trying to be rude, I know it comes off this way...but its the truth. Save a lot of headache and don't try to run the show.
    Its really more than delicate. Its the mothers daughter, and your partners daughter. YOU don't need to worry if she knows you
    or not. Your not her Mother.

And my apologies, in my first post I should of put "partner" instead of husband.
    Good luck to your partner.

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010