How long did you swaddle your baby?

Our daughter will be 3 months old in a couple of days. We still swaddle her. I feel like I'm putting her in a straight jacket!!! She sleeps so much better when she is swaddled. She sleeps and has been sleeping around8 hours a night since she was 4 weeks old...(probably 3-4 nights a week) I feel like she is kinda old to keep swaddling, but she flops her arms and takes her paci out and wakes up if she isn't.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 11:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can do it till they just wont let you anymore. She'll let you know when she doesnt need it.
    Anonymous

• ds loved to be swaddled till he started rolling over in his sleep.
    lilcntrymama

Answer by lilcntrymama at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my son hated being swaddled he didn't even like in the hospital
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe about a month after my daughter was born she hated being swaddled some how she would make her way out of the blanket lol but i totally agree with anony keep her swaddled till she dont wanna be swaddled anymore i wish i could of kept my daughter swaddled a litte bit longer cus when she would sleep on her back and someone would make noise or talk or close the door she would jump and sometimes she would even jump and wake up and cry for a litte bit and then go back to sleep on her own .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I did it till mine was about 4 or 5 weeks old. He learned how to squirm out quick.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 12:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• not very long for my son (4 mo). he wanted to stretch out. each baby has there own niches. if she's developing normal, then i wouldn't be concerned. but if she's waking because her paci fell out, then it's the paci, not the swaddling. sounds like her arms r swaddled in, so then she won't knock it out. but if she didn't want to be swaddled, she'd wiggle her way right out! they need to find how to soothe themselves or else ur gonna have to always help them. i had a very rough first month becuz my son needed to suck, as that's what soothes NB, but wouldn't take paci or finger!

and congrats on the sleeping nights. my son has been too. we are the lucky few :)
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my dd was 4 months when she started kicking herself out of hers! it was a sad day! but she sleeps fine without it now!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my son is 5 mo and he still likes being swaddled he will not sleep unless he has his blanket
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• it seems to still be working for your baby. so that's up to you. I stopped swaddling after my baby was 1 month old. That's cuz i started letting her sleep on her tummy.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• your right it just truly depends on the baby not all like the same thing
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010