did you discuss baby names while TTC?

My DH & I discussed baby names when we were dating- and then after we were married. We fought about baby names all the way into the delivery room..

We are now TTC #2 & the debate is on...
I have OCD & not knowing really BOTHERS me. I KNOW what I would pick if the name was up to me- but my DH is a pain and doesnt agree with anything- and RARELY will discuss bc he thinks its funny that my ocd is out of control..
Has anyone else wanted to decide on names before the baby was conceived..

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Kind of. We didn't do it with our first two kids, but now we have been talking about it a lot for our third. (Which is weird, because we have no plans to conceive.) I guess if we are going to have a 3rd child, we want to feel good about the name before we even TTC.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We talked about it when we were TTC my DD. We KNEW what names we liked for boys and KNEW FOR A FACT what she would be named if she were a girl because with my DH's family history we thought there was no way we would get a girl. BUT it took us almost a year to get pregnant with her. Our whole lives were revolved around a baby at that time.

With my second my DH wanted another BAD and I wasn't sure about it. So we were TTC but I thought it would take MONTHS to get pregnant. We got pregnant in one month and hadn't discussed baby names at all.. My DH picked his name because he LOVED it and it grew on me. I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant when we decided that.

This time...this is our first month TTC so we haven't talked about it to much. My DD want to name the baby Alisa if we have a girl but I'm not sold on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I like names that are less popular. Harper. Quinn. Sydney.
    My husbands suggestions were Brittany & Danielle. (DISLIKE)

He tells me that I am indecisive.. but he doesnt like anything i like.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Both my kids were names before conception :)
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 12:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband and I have all our names picked out.
    jenlou9686

Answer by jenlou9686 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010