Blood inside toilet bowl ?

Ok this has been going on for 2 -3 days now everytime i have a bowel movement instead of the water being clear its red but of course its blood i dont know if its from stressing and worrying cus i have been for the past 3 days this has happened to me before so i dont know weather to go to the doctor to get check .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• If it's bright red you probably have hemorrhoids. Dark red is internal.

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Call your Doctor. It is NEVER good to bleed.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Musicmom80 , its bright red but ive had hemorrhoids before so i know how it feels and it doesnt hurt when i have a bowel movement .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I second both answers 1.) probably a hemorrhoid. 2.) probably a good idea to call the doctor. Kinda sucks but its always better to be safe then sorry.
    Binkys_Buttons

Answer by Binkys_Buttons at 12:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would think stress wouldn't help matters and you should definitely see a doctor to get a culture and possibly a colonoscopy done right away. Until you can get in though be sure not to strain your colon by adding constipation to the problem, something like Miralax will be gentle and draw water from your body to keep your bowel movements soft and drink plenty of water. Be careful with your colon, blood is never a good thing and should be checked.
    Mom2FiveBoys

Answer by Mom2FiveBoys at 12:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It doesn't have to hurt. They can be internal and not hurt. I have had that type. It could also be an abrasion in your intestinal lining too. It has to heal on it's own, but it will go away. But if it doesn't stop, then just go to a doctor. No one can really tell you for sure on here.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sorry when I meant internal on my second post, I meant further inside the anus. On my first post I meant internal, like your stomach.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Musicmom80 ,Sounds pretty scary my husband tells me that its from worrying and stressing cus i have been for the past 3 days and this happened before when i was worrying and stressing and when i stopped stressing i wouldnt bleed anymore when i would have a bowel movement but i would be constipated for a while after the bleeding would stop .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• as long as it's not dark red there's not much to worry about....abrasions in your colon, a slight fissure, "hard" bowel movements...all of these can cause bright red blood. Dark red would mean internal bleeding.

Stress triggers it? Maybe call your doc and discuss it with him, you could have a form of IBS. My mom has it and stress makes hers flare up bigtime.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2010