I went in for ultrasound and thought I was seven weeks but there was no heart beat and so they thought I might be miscarrying. I did blood work and my HCG levels are still really high and rising. What does this mean?

ccn004

Asked by ccn004 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that maybe you were not as far long as you thought. sometims people ovulate later then they suspected which would cause you to be wrong about how long you are.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes a heart beat can not be found until the 12th week. Depending on the position of the baby. I would not worry.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It means you are still pregnant and baby is growing. I had no fetal pole at 7 weeks with my last baby. Same thing happened.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• don't worry. this happened to my friend, couldn't find HB, but all was fine! i had scare too! low HB 6 & 7 weeks, dr. actually was very pessimistic with me. but she also told me answers can't happen till 10 weeks, and she's right! (i was seen cuz i had spotting) women don't normally make first appt till 10 wks and dr. somehow then r able to check everything. that must b when things steady out, like 5-9 weeks there are no "norms." So long story short, try to stay calm, have faith and in a few weeks u'll know, if not sooner! i was all over web going nuts, please don't. there are more negative posts than positive ones! good luck :)
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thats kind of weird my OB could see my baby's heartbeat when i was 8 weeks along maybe it was the position of the baby i wouldnt worry your not in for a miscarriage cus if you were you would be in alot of pain and bleeding dont worry or stress about it cus that increases the chances of a miscarriage your baby is fine im pretty sure you'll be able to heart and see the heartbeat at your next doctor's visit :) Good Luck mama .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It means that they couldn't find a heartbeat and that's normal. Shoot, with my dd they couldn't hear one at 11 weeks!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes they won't be able to find it depending on how the baby is turned. This happened to me a few times during my pregnancy.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 12:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• we couldnt find a heart beat until i was 14 weeks pregnant! so im sure u are fine! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes they can't find a heartbeat at 7 weeks. Don't worry!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 1:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• As most of the others says everything could be just fine just not far along or the baby may be positioned in a postion to where they cant pick it up yet!
    amberh0225

Answer by amberh0225 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010