My 16 mo old boy has a rash on.. adult content

My 16 month old son hasn't been feeling very well, so he's had a fever on and off. Yesterday, he started getting a little red right on the sides of his groin. Now it looks like he has a heat rash and blisters all over his little boy area. Could this be a heat rash from the fever? Its just the one area and thats it, it hasn't spread past that, am I just worrying too much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• most likely a heat rash from running a fever or could just be a normal diaper rash. use some ointment and watch to see if it spreads or doesnt appear to be getting better.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sometimes when babies are getting teeth they have a low grade fever and can get a diaper rash.
    Treat the rash with diaper cream and maybe give him some infant advil or something for the fever. (if you want)
    If his get lethargic, stops eating or starts to vomit take him to the doctor.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Has he had a sore throat? Strep can become scarlet fever where there is a rash on various parts of the body. A big way to tell is look at his tongue for "Strawberry tongue."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I like Lotrimine...for jock itch! It gets rid of any diaper rash really quickly specially if it is a yeast infection. Works great on heat rash too!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010