Coworker Lost her baby today

She was due in Feb so about 7 months along. I know this seems like a wierd question but I know there are many of you mama's that have angel babies and I am wondering - when/if she comes back to work - what can I say, what should I not say - we're not close friends or anything but we do work closely together and I just don't want to say or do something that will hurt her even more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would get her a condolence card. What would hurt her more is if nobody wants to acknowledge her loss.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Very well said lisa. I couldn't agree with you more.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That's sooo sad. All I got is a bump for you.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Just get her a card and let her know that if she needs anything you would be there, even if it is just an ear. And that you are thinking of her and her family.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I feel so bad for her just reading this. I had two miscarriages, but both very early on in the pregnancy. With the first I got constnat phone calls to check up on me and I got very irritated by it, more becuase I wasn't up to talking to people and they seemed to want that of me. The most help anyone other than my husband gave was a friend who showed up at my house with mint chocolate chip ice cream (my favorite and also the one we rarely get, hubs hates mint) a card that had been signed by all our coworkers and Fruits basket.
    So my adivce is get her a nice card, and maybe a box of nice chocolates. Chocolates don't cure everything, but they try. And that would be the perfect excuse to drown sorrows in food.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010