orange Juice

Anyone drink orange juice in the morning and get super bad heart burn in EARLY pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I learned the hard way 1st pregnancy. You can try Tropicana low acid. If that doesn't work then your O.J. days may be over for the next 9 months.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes. Anything citrus made me have awful heartburn. Turned out I had horrid reflux. I would throw up with about 3 seconds notice throughout my pregnancy (different from hyperemisis). Pepcid helped a lot, but it still happened occasionally.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• :-( i love o.j in the morning before i go to work. and today i had it and ihad heart burn from 730am til 3pm in the afternoon it was horrible... ANything else i can do?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Heck, I have that problem and I am not pregnant! It most likely is too acidic for your empty stomach. You could try eating before you drink the juice and see if that helps.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Tums or some other antacid. You might also try mixing it up into a smoothie. Use the breakfast shake packets that carnation makes, milk, and ice. With the dairy it might help.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• take tums or pepermints they work wounders
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• DON'T take antacids regularly. That can start a whole other set of issues. You may have to lay off the OJ while you're pregnant. I hated that part. It was so unfair- I craved fruit, but I couldn't each much of it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes, I did.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• stay away from acids! i clicked on ur ? wondering if u had the same thing, but no....

early in my preg i was craving OJ, even over coffee!!! ilike chugging it. had a fab preg. no sickness or swelling :) then in beg of 3rd tri i drank gallons of choc milk. very strange... must b my body needed vit C and calcium.

i gave up sandwich meats (Listeria) and alc, both of which i love. it's alllllll worth it!!!
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've heard tums are okay to take for heartburn. Ironically I was so the total opposite, I got heartburn from my yogurt but at least with baby number two for the first little bit I was downing orange juice like it would never be made agian.
    I wish you luck.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010