What brand of washing machine do you have? Top or front loading? Do you like yours or do you wish you had a different one?

DigiScrapperMom

Asked by DigiScrapperMom at 12:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just have a cheap GE set top load. It's newer (only about 4 yrs old) and works just fine. However I want a Bosch front load. Those things are SOOOO huge inside I could do twice the laundry in the same amount of time. However they are just too expensive.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a Neptune HE top loader and I LOVE it. Unfortunately, because we're stationed overseas, the military wouldn't let us bring it and it's in storage. The one that came with our base house is a front loader (apparently, the old washer died on the people who lived here before us, so they put in a new, front loading, HE one for them, what they're slowly replacing the old ones with...)

I do NOT like it. I really don't like front loaders.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a Kenmore front loader. I really like it. Love not having to drag my blankets to the laundromat anymore.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have a Samsung front loading set. I LOVE it!! We had a Neptune set before this and I hated it. The Samsung washer gets the clothes so clean and soft, and it holds a ton of stuff.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• front and i HATE it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have the Bosch front loader and Bosch dryer. I have the European size so mine is smaller than the US front loaders.
    I love mine - but I've had a front loader for almost 10 years and because of the capacity of even my smaller Bosch (They may 2 sizes) front loader - I'll never go back to a top loader.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a front loader now on a pedistal to make it easier, would hate it if I did not have that. Have had problems like many other people with mildew forming around the inside ring of the washer so I leave the door open all the time when it is not in use. Also since it is in an outside laundry room found the all plastic internal parts do not do well in colder weather, tend to crack and break. Had things replaced three times under the two year warrantee, it is three years now so I am just crossing my fingers this winter and added a portable heater to the laundry room. The very first repair man that came out had the gaul to tell me this $500 washer is not to be used "outside" and that should void the warantee automacticly and not to expect any free service. Of course I challenged that and got my repair plus the ones since. It is not OUTSIDE, just in an inclosed insulated car port laundry room (house built in 1950 in GA).
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I just bought new Maytag top loaders- I love them. The whole pedestal thing deterred me from the front loaders- Just another added cost-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Samsung front loaders. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 12:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Front loading Maytag...we've had it or 8 years, and no problems whatsoever....and does it ever get used with two boys now almost 9 and 7--plus one husband who gets very dirty doing stuff around the house! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010