I need help tryin to figure out whats wrong wit my son..

my 2 year old son wont stop crying and cant sleep because of his tongue,his tongue looks white on top, and all day long he sits with his tongue out of his mouth.I dnt have any money to ask a doc online or insures to tak him to see a one so plz sum one help me i cnt sleep if he dnt..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I agree. Something you can do is when you take him in explain that you don't have insurance and they will either help you get medical for him or they will get you some kind of charity grant to cover most is not all of the visit. As for paying for the meds if they won't just add it to your hospital bill and get it from their pharm you can do things like selling plasma or even going to your church or another local one if you don't go and seeing if they won't help. Being that it's your son I don't see why they wouldn't.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thrush, maybe? Does he have any other symptoms? Fever?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I agree on the thrush thing. That means he has a infection in his mouth. It happens to kids/babies sometimes. Its painful. It like a yeast infection. You HAVE to get some medical attention or it wont go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah, that sounds like thrush. You need to get him treated immediatley!!! I don't have insurance but I still manage. If it is it can travel, so I suggest you get treatment for that ASAP. It probably burns. He will need a special wash for his throat and mouth and medication.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One thing you can try is go to the pharmacy and gentian violet. Put that in his mouth and the trust will go away. It's over the counter and safe to try. If that doesn't work, then you know. Be careful though. It's seriously purple and will stain everything.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• well my hole family just had the flu so he was throwin up n he had fever, n cough....n thats y i trying to find out kus if its bad i would have to take him to a doc.......n pay money dat i dnt have.....do u guys know what could of caused this.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• *Thrush...on trust.
    sunshine58103

• Why dont you get your kids on medicaid or something? Just wondering. If you cant afford insurance for your kids that is what it's there for. Even if you work you can get it as long as you dont make a bunch of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ok so i feel that thrush is the problem kus u all say the samething..so i will have to get him checked out n i would have to go to the store n try gentian violet to if it will work...do u know how much dat is....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• im 18teen n i have been tryin to get on welfar .i gave them all the paper n everthing but they havent gave me anything yet.. n my bf is the only one workin n he only works mayb 20 hr every2weeks...so we r tryin to get by as best as we can...i even ask my family for money n they do the best they can so does any body knows how much gentian violet cost...n what can thrush cum form
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010