could this be it?!

I was really tired and uncomfortable and emotional all day... DH and I had sex... Then about an hour later I had what I think is a real contractions... It hurt in the front, my tummy got real hard and my back hurt like hell for about 45 seconds.. Is that a real contraction??

Ps I'm 38 weeks, dilatin and all that jazz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you constantly getting those pains cus if you are it could be contractions .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The only way you're going to know is if it keeps happening for a while & develops into a pattern. The rule of thumb i believe is if you get them every 10 to 15 min for like 3 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 2 in 30 min...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Something else is that if you get too uncomfortable you can always just go into L&D and have them monitor you. Just remember to breath threw the pain and walking should help. Plus a big exercise ball if you have one get it out and sit on it and rotate your hips and butt.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That all sounds pretty normal to me. Labor contractions come and go, and they intensify as time goes on, and get closertogether. Keep an eye on them, just in case. I would try to get some sleep, if I were you, in case this IS it. You will need every bit of energy you can muster! Good luck, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would go to the doctor.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yep sounds like contractions to me.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It's not how often they come, it's how long each one lasts but yes it could be. Call Labor & Delivery and talk with them

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I was told the ones you want for being in active labor was that they'd be 2-3 minutes apart lasting a minute in lenth adn that your stomach would feel like you forehead.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• did they get stronger or closer together? cuz if yes,then congratulations and good luck,you might wanna pack your bag,cuz you're in labor:)
    romomomof2

Answer by romomomof2 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010