Whats the best compliment you have recieved as a parent?

Mine was being told how well behaved my kids are in public, by strangers. Or taking them into a store where there are plenty of fragil things and being told that the first or one of the very few times the owners did not cringe with children in the store.

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine favorite are actually the ones that come from my kids themselves. The ones where they say they like what mommy made for them or where they just come give me a hug and kiss for no reason.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We took DS to a restaurant when he was about a year old. We had Cheerios and toys (quiet ones) and his favorite stuffed animals and other stuff in our "keep quiet" arsenal. A couple of tables over, there was a child having tantrums and crying and such. An older couple came by toward the end of our meal and complimented us on how well behaved DS was. It was really sweet, and I will never forget it. We've gotten other compliments about his behavior (he's really good in public 99% of the time), but that is the one that really sticks out. I've also made sure to pass it on to other parents with well behaved kids.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• one of the moms from my daughters school went on a field trip with the class last year, and she told me, a couple days ago that my daughter was sooo polite, very well-behaved and at the same time was hilarious, she told me i had an awesome kid all-around!! my response was.."reallllllly????? MYYY daughter??" LOL..i thought maybe she had her confused with a different kid..but nope!

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had a parent just smile and tell me how polite my daughter was. We were in the store and she had her little cart to push. She politely said, exuse me please and then also thank you after shot got by. It was very cool.
    I was also just quietly amused when they hired a new driveer who commented on how well behaved, she was being good that day, she was and how she knew to just climb up and on and how to go off on her own and how she immediately went marching off to the next bus (of course since I don't drive this is normal for us and I have trianed her which bus is mommy's school bus, whish is the daddy bus and so on so that if she knows where we're going she knows where to head)
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The GREATEST compliment I ever got didn't come from another parent, it came from my 16 (at that time - 12 years ago) daughter. My daughter up to this point had been in and out of serious trouble (law enforcement had become involved) and was dealing with terrible heartaches. She was at a point in her life where she was making serious changes for the better. We were in a parenting group together. The facilitator liked to have "the experts" (teenagers) there to give advice to the parents during a question and answer session at the end. Everyone there knew my daughters history. The class facilitator asked her what was the one thing that made a difference in her journey back to 'health'. Without skipping a beat she said, "I always knew my Mother loved me, no matter how messed up I got, I knew SHE cared."
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 2:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have always loved seeing people cringe when I have brought my kids out to nice stores and people assume they will break things. or renting an apartment,. against the better judgement of the managment because they thought my kids would wreck the carpet and walls....and have loved it when I have proved people wrong that not all kids are rotten little heathens, lol
    I have always gotten compliments on my kids being well behaved and can say, "yes please" and "no thank you".
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I actually have the opposite issue. I am told so often and all the time what a great family we are, what a perfect parent I am....my son has anxiety. Most people would never notice, never even pay attention if we were not a transracial family. But because my son is a different race than us people focus all their attention on us where ever we go. I am so aware of people looking I feel like I am constantly "on" and have to be on my best mommy behavior. Not to mention I am a therapist that specializes in children so I am also aware that because we are noticed I have the potential to run into doctors who refer (or won't refer if they see a bad mom moment), current or former patients, or potential patients.  For once it would be nice to be in the background and no one notice.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have often been told by many kids that they wish I could adopt them.

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• one of our biggest happenen this summer...we have 3 (7, 4 and not quite 2 then) we took the kids to see the city fireworks. we had to wait about 45 min. The kids we sitting really nice eating snack and playking awith a few thing we brought. About 1/3 of the way into the foreworks a lady sitting about 20 feet away came and tapped me ont the sholder and stated how wonderful it was that we had such well behavved kids she said how much she had enjoyed watching them play with us.

My coudin who also has one a few months yournger than my youngest will often call and say what do you think...give me a sinareo and then say okay...me too and she calls me often to se what my opinion on something she has done with her little one
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i never got told i was a good mother at all i got told i was a bad mother and i should disapline my kids better so no i have been told what i do wrong but not right!
    Expectingmom164

Answer by Expectingmom164 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010