american hospitality?

When a girlfriend or neighbour comes over to visit or chat, do ya'll offer tea and snacks? Or coffee? Or juice? Or nothing? I'm new to usa so just curious, back home we'd put on the kettle! :) here it seems u can visit for hours without being offered a thing! Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I always offer something to eat or drink to any of my friends. The really close ones know if I haven't asked in a while to just get up & get something themselves. I usually have a pot of coffee going anyway so it's usually no big deal.

redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes! I always offer people drinks or a snack.. I hate it when I go to someones house and they don't offer you anything.. what ever happened to common courtesy, or being a good host/hostess?!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008