Do you use the word "hate"? or dis-like?

Just curious. I try to teach my dd that hate is a bad word. But sometimes it is hard not to just hate something or some one...for me right now my mil is walking a fine line!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 1:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not allow my daughter to say that she hates a person and I make a point not to say that I hate someone in front of her, but I don't see anything wrong with saying that I hate peas or Yo Gabba Gabba. I think it's perfectly ok to hate a thing, it's hating a person that we don't do.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My husband and I decided to not allow our children to use the word hate. We have choosen to say "Don't Like." And when we slip up our 4 year old is the first to say "Oh you said a bad word."
    jwickum

Answer by jwickum at 1:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I try not to use hate either. I think it's a very strong word, and while it does have its place, it doesn't really have a place in my kids' mouth! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Ah, MIL is at the heart of this, I see - and understand. I've never used HATE in reference to people, but I have used it in regards to some other things.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 1:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i feel that hate is a very stong word i have raised my children that you can dislike but God dont want anyone to have hate in there heart
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i think hate is a strong word ! and it shouldnt have a place in kids mouth ! but i do agree that sometimes it fits perfectly into places !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My dad raised me to with the belief that hate was a strong word and shouldn't be used lightly. I am doing the same with my son. I might dislike things or people, but it has to be really bad to hate!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Dislike. Hate is a ugly word.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I throw out hate alot I try not to but it is a bad habit
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 2:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't say that I hate sth.I always say that I don't like it.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2010