what should i do? im terrified

i am so scared to tell my parents i mean my dad just kicked me out last week because he didnt believe me when i said no one was hiring around here, im so afraid i wont have any where to go, and yes me getting pregnant was an accident but the way my dads been acting toward me makes me scared

idk what to do

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 1:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hope you can live with a friend. What else can your dad do if you tell him I mean for goodness sakes he already kicked you out over the whole job situation.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• if i were you, i would try harder at finding a job now that you know you are pregnant. especially with your dad acting like that. Start saving up money for the baby. i just got a job for a part time seasonal. Go apply for medicaid. Start acting responsible is all i could say. I've gotten pregnant on accident once upon a time too. you're going to have to tell him eventually.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'd tell him to listen to the news. Jobs won't be coming back around until next year when the companies get their tax credits and start hiring again. As for the pregnancy, maybe you can keep that a secret from him until you can find a place. Is the bio dad's place some place that you could go? If not, maybe you could sign up for housing and by the time dad finds out they will have a place for you. Just get prenatal care.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The best thing to do is to tell your dad, but wait until he cools down. His reaction might not be what you had hoped for but I doubt he would want you out on the streets. I have something very personal to tell you... I was married to a man for nearly four years who beat me, tried to kill me in front of his mother, held a gun to my head, etc., etc. When I told my parents my mom was so hurt and angry at me because I didn't tell them the whole time we were married. I feared my mom would disown me because of what I thought she considered to be keeping a secret from her. I am so sorry you are going through this very difficult time right now, however sometimes it's best to "bite the bullet" as they say and do what you know is right. It'll be alright.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh yes, and try harder to find a job, this way it will help your dad see that you are making an effort.
    FirstTimeMom224

Answer by FirstTimeMom224 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• if i was you i would tell my dad ! maybe it would make him soften up a little bit ! and now this a wake up call for you to try harder and find a job !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'd go to a temp agency and see if they can't get you any work. You can also go to your local Workforce Services office and see if they can help you with housing. There's also things like section 8. You could also try going to school. Sometimes you can get school loans that will cover more than just your tuition; it's a kick in the butt when you have to pay it back but it could help you out short term.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• iv had 5 miscarriages so my boyfriend doesnt want me doing anything that would strain me or stress me out, and no i cant go to his house because he has a daughter already and his parents would just kick us out of there when they find out also, i have no good friends so i cant stay at their houses without having to leave with in a day or 2, and my mom would act the same way as my dad but she might be a little more easy to tel since i havnt seen her since i was 5 :/ and lived with her for 6 months last year but i cant go to my moms house either theres no room.....its a travel trailer.....im going to wait a little bit to tell my dad....i dont want to ruin my dads birthday christmas and new years so i was planning on waiting till i got my first ultrasound...but maybe he would just be even more pissed if i waited that long to tell him
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• and iv applied at every place from here to about 5 miles away, and no one is calling me back at all so iv tried all i could...nothing is working i walk in ask if they have openings for the holidays and they say nope go apply online so we can call you when there's an opening, havnt had one call in 5 months

im only 5 weeks pregnant btw
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If you've had a history of miscarriages it's probably a good plan to wait to tell your dad until you're less likely to loose the baby, reduce the freaking out. And if your dad gets mad you waited, let him know after you've passed the first trimester so you can say you waited to be sure you weren't going to miscarry agian. He can get upset sure, but it's a medically sound reason to withold the info.
    Do apply for medicaid, even if the worst happen it'll at least help with covering expenses now.
    As for work, it's up to you to get a job or hold off for now until things with the pregnancy get more stable. If there's no work options nearby, is there a school that you could maybe look at taking some classes? You might not only be able to work on a degree but there's always the chance for extra aid to help cover expenses and possibly a job on campus or work study, may not be the best but any income for now is better than none, right?
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 1:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010