placenta previa adult content

i was recently diagnosed with placenta previa. i am 15 wks. even though it corrects itself in some women i am still concerned. i have been bleeding for two weeks straight now. if anyone else has gone thru this i would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience because i looked up online and it seems pretty scary. thanks

Chrys04

Asked by Chrys04 at 1:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is your doctor aware of your bleeding issues?

My best advise would be to CLOSELY monitor your bleeding. You could hemmorage at any minute. I know that's scary but it's the truth. Talk to your doctor about steps you can take to reduce your risk and make it to age of viability with your pregnancy if they end up having to take the baby early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Placenta previa at 15 weeks is not an issue. Bleeding is. If you had an ultra sound and they told you that your placenta was over your cervix at 15 weeks with no bleeding I would say so what, but since you are bleeding, I'm giving you a bump. Good luck, best wishes and stay calm, raising your blood pressure worrying about it won't help a thing.  Hopefully somebody who has been there will se this and give you some reassurance.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I started bleeding at 14 weeks, and was diagnosed with previa. I was in and out of the ER several times for "big" bleeds. My DH rented a doppler fetal monitor for me, I highly recommend it, it saved my sanity. Long story short, my placenta never moved. As I got bigger, the bleeds happened more often. I was restricted to remain within 5 miles of the hospital. (I could sneeze and have a gush). At 33 weeks, they gave me steroids for the baby's lungs, just in case we had to deliver early. At 34 weeks, I had a big bleed, and we had an emergency c-section. My son was in the NICU for 2 weeks, and is now a healthy 3 yo.

Most of the time the placenta moves as the baby grows. If it doesn't, you're going to bleed. Get the home monitor. Listen to your doctor. Above anything else, don't read about it on the Internet. It will scare you (worse than you already are).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2010