Could i be miscarrying?

I had unprotected sex with my DH, i was due for my period Dec. 3rd never got it, then lastnight all the sudden i started bleeding. I still am, its thicker then normal, pinkish brown in color, & im having clots. We arent 100% positive that im pregnant. I think I am, so do he. We just never took a test yet. If i take a test should i be able to tell me if i am pregnant and miscarrying or will it say negative?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you take a test today it should say if you are pregnant, due to hormone levels. Its sounds to me you are just having a heavy period. I do the same thing. Take the test if you really think you might be pregnant. If your not and you continue to have periods like this go see your gyno.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 5:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It could be either. You could be having a miscarriage or it could be like the above post says it could just be a heavy period. If youre next period is heavy as well you should see your ob and they could give you meds to slow the flow down.
    amberh0225

Answer by amberh0225 at 5:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i think it's just a heavy period. honestly all my periods used to be like that. and the causes are infinite: stress,weather change,change in diet,change in sleep...etc...
    romomomof2

Answer by romomomof2 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• heavy period to me because from dec 3rd to now wouldnt give it time to plant i dont believe and if it did plant then i dont think they would be big clots! Butthen again all our bodies are differently!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 9:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010