Flatscreen TV in HD----Does everyone have one?

We have not yet had the urge to buy one. The TV's we have now we have had for yrs and are fine. When someone comes over I feel somewhat like I'm out of date cause we haven't gotten one.

aitson

Asked by aitson at 5:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• HAD one ... damn thing died last month before Thanksgiving. *sigh*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope. My DH and I did buy one last year with part of our tax return however it got stolen before we'd even had time to use the wall mount. Guaranteed next time we get one it will come out of the box and be attatched to the wall with a couple of hours! What's worse than that tho is that my boys were asleep on the couch in the living room (where the TV was) while the people stole it!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• we have one but its no big deal
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have never bought a tv, though I own 2. My first one I brought over from my childhood home when I got married. The second one I found out by the dumpster at our old apt lol. Both work excellent. When they die out I will get a flt screen probably, but it won't be a huge one or overly expensive. I don't believe in keeping up with the Joneses and I certainly don't believe in throwing something out that still has good use. P.S. I also found 2 computer printers that were perfectly fine out by the dumpster and several furniture pieces and various items. It amazes me what people will throw out!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We don't have a flat screen period. We keep trying to save for one, but it seems like something else seems to happen and taking care of those needs are more important than a TV.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have two and love them.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• no
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have 2 as well. A couple of years ago on Black Friday there were some really good deals and my DH has always wanted one. Since we have a video game room for the kids we got one for that room and the family room. We still have an old style TV as well upstairs in the living room. Funny thing is my DD has been sick so her and I have been watching the old TV because going down stairs is hard for her.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope. We had a regular tv that was getting old and not working the best, and my parents got a new flatscreen HD tv and we bought their old one (almost identical to our old one, just 2" bigger and 13 years newer). We only have bunny ears & the converter anyway, no need for a HD tv and don't have a place to put a flat screen either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have a big one in thye living room. My husband just had to have one. It's really nice and has a beautiful, but I myself would have rather spent the money on other things.
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010