How deep do you want your government to dig on a regular basis?

Here's a look at how close they plan on getting: Also taken from his website on change.
Simplify Tax Filings for Middle Class Americans: Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 7:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that is almost invasion of privacy, now they are going to have computers monitering my banking info, that sounds like hacker heaven to me.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It is an invasion of privacy, but it's what the people voted for....

I just sure hope all those that voted for him DON'T turn around and COMPLAIN when gov. is all up in their business!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• They probably don't mind if he has access to all of their credit info and their banking info. However if he does so does any smart hacker.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• And they think the fact that the Patriot Act allows them to check library records is bad????? hmmmm..
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 7:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• do you have a source to suppor your claim?
    also, it takes me about 10 minutes to file my taxes.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If they fill out the forms with the same accuracy they manage my checking account it will only tke me 10- months out of every year to unscramble the godawful mess they make of it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• heatherama it's on Obama's "Change" website (like www.change.gov) go dig around.
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 7:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• this isn't anything new. we use a tax program that let's us finish our own taxes in about 10 minutes and then file them online.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• This is an invasion of privacy. Obama plans on knowing everyone's income and squeezing out every dime he can get from you. Big Brother is watching you now!
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• the country already knows your income, silly.
    big brother has been watching us AND listening to our phonecalls.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008