Are you having a rough time getting presents this year?

We are buying for kiddos only. Did the same thing last year. I cannot complain though. I have healthy kids and live in a free country, among other blessings. That's more than a lot of people have. Besides, I get more enjoyment seeing kids' faces Christmas morning and I play with them with their toys lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, my DD is flying out xmas day to visit family... THAT is her xmas present. I have also decided to give her an early present- I'm repainting her room, and painting a mural. :)
    For the boys... well, I don't know yet. Money is tight. But you know, the xmas I remember the best was when my mom sewed a baby doll carried for me, and filled my stocking with honey tangerines. She saved for the blue calico fabric that I loved the best, and was sewing all night xmas eve (I could hear the machine going)... We didn't expect to get ANYTHING that year, and it was such a surprise when she baked sweet rolls for breakfast, and we had our stockings hanging. We only got one thing each, but that was my favorite xmas ever.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• it not a strugle but i have to say that i choose to only purchase one "special" gift and the rest are things the kids kinda needed.....
    I too remember the xmas from childhood where i look back now and know that my parents didnt have much money , we pick out an ugly silver tree from a thrift store and got things like crayons, velevt coloring posters and things that probaly where from the same thrift store but we didnt care we had gifts and we where happy....and honestly thats the only xmas i can rember from childhood and i was probaly about 10 at the time
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• MY s/o just got laid off last Weds. so yeah Christmas is gonna be tight because we didn't plan for the layoff. Had we known ahead of time I would have saved money or been buying stuff all along.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 9:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No more than last year. We just watch our money closely.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We purchased for adults only... well families I guess would be the right word. We had money set aside for our son's gift- we even put some in his savings. But then my husband lost his job, so we decide no Christmas for our family. Sorta. I'm fairly certain that some of his aunts and uncles will get him a gift. We'll be fine. He'll be fine. He's too young to know who Santa is anyway.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We are hurting financially and It will be tough to come up with more then one gift each and the hard part is my sister will be able to out do me this year on giving my kids gifts.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010