What are some ways that American (USA) Christians tend to americanize Christianity?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 6:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Prosperity Preaching.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Like a lot of things in America...."it's our way or the highway" LOL!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• because as I've learned from travelling the world over, that Americans are very tunnel visioned and for whatever reason seem to think everyone does things the same as them and are quick to criticize those that don't, as tho there's is the only way. I can see why other cultures see ours as very arrogant and self-important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They do not have respect for the culture of other countries or other Christians.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One thing that comes to mind is the way many tie religion to politics... The "Religious Right", etc, etc...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• one thing i noticed when i lived in Japan is that Asian Christians are a lot more "into" their faith. most Americans tend to be "saved" and then forget about it, take it for granted.

Also, without America Christianity would probably not be what we see it as now...the Great Awakenings and freedom to create whatever denomination one wants really changed Christianity.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I nagree with bandgeek...it seems like there is a LOT of christianity tied to politics
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You really do not want me to go here :-)
    Okmanders is on the right track....

However things are changing... you may not see it but the Christians that are aware do see it. For that I am grateful!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• http://christianity.about.com/od/holidaytips/p/keepchristmas.htm
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 11:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I guess we claim to be a "Christian" nation rather than a melting pot
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010