is there anything at home or over the counter I can take for an ear ache and a sore throat? It hurts to swollow.

I totally cannot afford to go to the doctor this week because we have so many bills coming out this week and I have to save 20.00 from this check as well because I have an OB appointment in the 16th because I am pregnant probably about 5 weeks this is my first appointment with this pregnancy. So I totally do not have the money this week and it hurts to swollow and my ears kinda hurt. Is there anything I can take at home or over the counter? Also if it still hurts by the 16th when I go to my OB can I tell him about it (because I am pregnant) or so I have to go to my family doctor? I rather go to the OB since I will already be there and can't afford to go to the family doctor although I might have the money by the 17th. So can I go to the ob for that why I am there anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• Yes, your OB will be able to take care of you. Not sure what you can take for your pain, is there any way to see your OB sooner? Hope you feel better soon.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hugs! Have you tried gargling with warm salt water? And as for the ear ache when my boys ears hurt I would put a warm moist washcloth over their ear and that would help. When I was pregnant 4 years ago I was told that regular Tylenol was ok to take. I think you should also call a doctor or pharmacist and ask them what is ok to use or take during pregnancy and ask if they have any ideas on what you can do until you can see a doctor. . I hope you feel better soon!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• try drinking warm stuff like lemon tea. and placing like a warm towel on ur ear. also tylenol helps with the pain. its okay to take during pregnancy
    shan02

Answer by shan02 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know tea tree oil is expensive, but it does take the pain away. just swab your throat with a q tip. try not the to throw up.
    maryann327

Answer by maryann327 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010