is there anything at home or over the counter I can take for an ear ache and a sore throat? It hurts to swollow.

I totally cannot afford to go to the doctor this week because we have so many bills coming out this week and I have to save 20.00 from this check as well because I have an OB appointment in the 16th because I am pregnant probably about 5 weeks this is my first appointment with this pregnancy. So I totally do not have the money this week and it hurts to swollow and my ears kinda hurt. Is there anything I can take at home or over the counter? Also if it still hurts by the 16th when I go to my OB can I tell him about it (because I am pregnant) or so I have to go to my family doctor? I rather go to the OB since I will already be there and can't afford to go to the family doctor although I might have the money by the 17th. So can I go to the ob for that why I am there anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• fennel tea, homemade, drops work well for earaches. You can also do the salt wash.

http://throatsore.com/

Tylenol? that always helps if you can have it now.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh and the saline nasal washes, work great if your sore throat and ear congestion is coming from a sinus infection or post nasal drip. GL !!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• hot tea with lemon , and tylenol has a sore throat formula that works great (i like its like 3-5$)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• totally agree! hot tea with lemon,tylenol and just stay in bed. no fan on top of ur head...and if u can just stay under a cover without the vent above ur head,thats even better.
    romomomof2

Answer by romomomof2 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Are you sure it is not Strep? If you are not high risk, you really don't need to go to the OB until 12 weeks and most family doctors do ob as well. Maybe find one that does general care as well as OB.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

I don't want to go that route again. When I was pregnant with my first baby the doctor was a family and ob doctor. He didn't do half the stuff he should do like he didn't do a pap at the beginning of pregnancy he didn't do the gluecose test nothing like that and then i had to have forceps bc he had me pushing so long she was stuck. he called in another doctor told him i needed an er csection, but the other doctor said if he did that he will kill me and the baby (because her head was in the birth cananl and stuck), my blood pressure went up and my temp got up to 104. I had a hard delivery that time so i now go to the ob I have since my secondd was born i don't trust a family dr to deliver after the first one i had cont
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• so that is why i have a famil and ob doctor.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I believe chloraseptic spray is safe when pregnant, but you can call your doctor office and just ask. Not sure for the ear ache.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• OMG well that is good reason and my advice is useless! I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you other than just call your ob and ask the nurse. They still may be able to help you! Hope you feel better soon! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010