Mothers

Who has had issues with their mother? I have so many. I try to ignore them, because as everyone says "you only have one mother; you should not stay mad" blah, blah, blah...Yea I know this and that is why I still answer the phone when she calls. Not getting into my history with her, but she calls yesterday so I decided to share some good news with her that my family is getting and she has no reaction..Nothing....You would think she would show that she is happy for me just a little, but nothing. I'm so sick of her. Up until a couple weeks ago we didn't talk for 8 months and I was at peace. I didn't stress over her at all except a bit sad that she is missing out. Now that she has been talking to me for a couple weeks I'm stressed out again. I guess I don't really have a question here lol....Guess more of a rant!, but can anyone relate?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry I can't relate, and I am very sorry you feel this way about your mom. Mine is an angel sent from above to love me in every way possible.

Answer by older at 8:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My mom and I were pretty close my whole life. Only recently she's pulled back due to personal issues in her own life going on. But our relationship is fine other than not being as chatty as we once used to be.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I can relate. I have never been close to my mother and it bothers me a lot. When I try to get close to her she just turns into a complete bitch telling me everything she thinks I'm doing wrong in my life. I'm also pregnant right now and have no support from her, she even said she wouldn't visit in the hospital when the baby gets here. I know how difficult it is to want that relationship and to keep letting her walk all over you to try to make her happy and have that relationship but eventually it gets so stressful that you do have to take time apart. I hope things get better for you.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My mom has passed, we were always very close though. I'm very sorry for your situation.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I can't relate with me and my mom, although my DH has the same problem with his mom. Because he gets stressed out because of her the whole family feels it. We did not talk to her for about 3 years and sadly, life was good at that time. I try very hard to be supportive, but sometimes it is to hard. Our DD has been very sick recently and my MIL thinks everything is still about her and I finally had to say something. My DH is so stressed between work and our DD that he doesn't need to get it from her as well.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know where you are coming from. I have a mom that lives 4 miles from me. When I bring over her only grand kids she acts like she can not be bothered. If I leave it to her to come over they go 6 months or more with out seeing her. One of my children crys right in front of her about her not playing with them ever, and she just tells them she will do it later she is to busy now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My mother died when I was 21 in a car accident. Prior to that she was mentally ill and unable to really be a mom. She did terrible things to us. I never had a mom I guess. If I had your mom I would tell her to stop being so critical or ask her why she focuses on the negative so much. Mabe try to see why she keeps doing this.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I can relate thats why I say you cant fix it yourself you have to pray about it. sometimes mothers are jealousy of their daughters but won't or can't admit it. It may sound rediculous but its true sometimes. for your own sanity maybe you should deal with her spareingly you know love her from afar.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010