Remembering John Lennon...

Today is the 30th anniversary of his death.

Have you been to any of these places that have tributes to John Lennon? The only one I've visited is Strawberry Fields (and The Dakota) in NY. I'd love to see the Imagine Peace Tower in Iceland. I bet it's beautiful there.

Ultimate John Lennon Tour

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've been to Strawberry Fields and the Dakota. I will be remembering John today as I do every year on his birthday and his day of death.

LOVE

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I it nice to remember people that you loved, what is wrong with that ?

I can't believe it has been 30-years, I was 22 WOW. I did not like him at the time so it was sad to hear someone was killed, but I was not a fan so it was different for me.
    But now I have changed my mind I have seen a lot of Documentary's on him, he was a peace-full man and should of not died that way.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• anonymous, you just need to piss off. no one's digging up graves, and people have every right to remember someone who moved, influenced or even just entertained them.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I remember that day just as I remember the assassination of JFK and 911.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My DS nams is Lennon. We call him Lennon.

We have a postcard that Yoko Ono drew with her and sean and John (it's just a print) and on the back she wrote "Welcome to the world Lennon. It's full of wonder". My MIL wrote to her before DS was born and that is what she sent back. He's only 4y now but it's still nery special to him.

We've joked about naming our next baby Lenin.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• GOING to NYC is a wonderful experience. Just walking and taking the subway and watching people and going to a play or two,and looking at the buildings and architecture is exhilerating. Being in Central Park, Strawberry Fields, etc It is something to see.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I personally think John Lennon was a pompous ass.

His own words "my first son was born out of a wiskey bottle on a saturday night"

I will be remembering George Harrison on his day, he's my favorite.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• John,as jewjew points out,was pretty morally corrupt but he was very talented and didn't deserve to die the way he did.I like some of the Beatles music.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Pam19----My daughters and I went to NYC in 2004 and one afternoon went to Strawberry Fields and the Dakota....we felt sad and in awe of it all. I wasn't a huge fan of John Lennon but the BEATLES were wonderful.The whole Beatles Era was a meaningful time for me. I was in college when they came to the USA and first appeared on The Ed Sullivan Shwo in Feb 1964 and it was quite a time!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• "IMAGINE" was a great song and the words were controversial but I appreciated the message.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2010