I don't understand the concept of getting & using coupons on your phone. Can someone explain it to me or direct me to a site that can explain how it works? THANKS!

I have an iPhone but how does this exactly work with coupons at a grocery store??

GumboGirl

Asked by GumboGirl at 8:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• My sister gets Target coupons. She gets them emailed to her, pulls it up on her phone and they scan the coupon directly off her phone.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well if it makes you feel any better, I've never even heard of it! LOL (and yes, I'm useless).

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've never heard of this either. Do you mean phones with interent access using online coupons?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Only certain stores offer it as an option, sorry I can't be of more help either!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Check out couponmom.com you might be able to find some info there. I print on-line coupons for my groceries from there...and then cut them out and take them to the store with me. They also have an option to load your customer card (I think that is what they are called) with coupons from their site. I haven't seen anything for a phone but that's not something I would look for...not sure if this helps?
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 12:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When you check out, your hand your phone to the cashier, with the coupon showing. What about this don't you understand?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thanks for the help in explaining.........but I rarely go to the store with less than a dozen or more coupons - unless the cashier knows how to operate my phone (not EVERYONE has a iPhone), I'm handing it back and forth? I can see it saving time clipping the coupons but then I'm imagining it taking time to 'transfer' the coupons. Once again, irritating others in line behind me :-(
    GumboGirl

Comment by GumboGirl (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010