Christmas gifts for a 5-year-old

I'm looking for outdoorsy active things that he can do as an individual (he's an only child). I was thinking moon shoes or mini trampoline or scooter or something. Any better ideas? (Oh yeah, we are in warm climate, no snow toys.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Those sound like pretty good ideas. They also have those tee ball sets that blow the ball in the air. He would be prob really like that!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Go to OneStepAhead.com They have really cool toys for outdoors!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ask him what he would like. If he isn't going to like it, then there is no point in you buying it. You know your kid best, and he is old enough to tell you if he wants something or not.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• How about a backyard swing? My husband thinks swingsets are an eyesore, so we got our daughter a disc swing, hung from our tree with one long rope. I've also seen a really neat play table with separate places for sand and water. It comes with little vehicles and boats, I think.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 1:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• A water/sand table would be fun, also a bike or scooter. My 6 year old loves his bike.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ...The kid doesn't ASK for outdoor toys - he wants all the electronic stuff and video games. The point is to get him outside and away from that stuff. If there is stuff he DOES ask for, it is because he saw it on TV or we are cruising by the toy section somewhere and he suddenly decides he has "always wanted one of these".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2008