Do you...

believe in mediums and psychics?

I think some have something to them. The reason I have any doubts is because my DH's passed away relative apparently forgives me and says all is well. Well, while its true we didn't get along at all, there wasn't anything on my part to forgive. The person was just a nasty, mean person and didn't like me because I didn't give in to them like everyone else in his family did. As such, we were always at odds. So that would be why I have doubts, what the medium said doesn't really make sense.

My DH was never aware of 99% of the things that transpired between me and this relative of his. I didn't want to create unneeded stress and knew I'd be on the losing end so I left it unspoken, but this person was not a good soul at all. A user, nasty, mean and took advantage of people. My only "fault" was that I didn't just take his abuse and stood up to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't be surprised if it MIGHT be true. On this side, my father was an irresponsible, distant drunk, who seldom had any contact with his children and denied that some of us were even his (casting aspersions on my mother in the bargain). Clarity comes to people when they return to the other side. Sometimes, they understand the damage they have done and seek to mend things. My father now wants to help his children. His behavior on earth pains him and he wants to make things right. But I, on the other hand, never really knew him when he was alive and I know him even less now that he's on the other side. Whatever your husband's relative felt that you did wrong (in his eyes, your defiance may have been tantamount to disrespect for an elder, even if you didn't mean it as such), he wants you to know that he understands now. And, I think, he wants you to eventually forgive him. That's your journey to take. Good luck.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I believe some have that extra sense but there are a lot of frauds in that field.

Answer by older at 8:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• There are more frauds than people with actual ability, but I do believe that there are some who are truly gifted. Most of them read body language, and are very good at telling you vague things that you can apply to your life. (Just about everyone has a dead relative, you know?)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think everyone is intuitive & i think some are more intuitive than others. BUT, most psychics i have seen were full of crap. I was told that i'd have 4 kids by 30...i have one & want no more.

The only psychic i trust is my friend Maurice. He does not do it for a living, he just a super wise old man. Anyway, he's the ONLY person who has been %100 correct all of the time. But, he refuses to tell people their future because he believes that with our will, we can change anything. So, no need to try to know what's going on ahead of time. But, he has been spot on with any advice he has ever given me. So yes, i certainly do believe in it.

Maybe that reletive was so freaking selfish, that they convinced themselves you had done them wrong somehow. Lots of selfish people put the blame on others.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I def believe in them
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i agree with samurai..i think most people have the ability to dig within their 'common knowledge' and really read things-some are more open and willing, while others are not. i believe we always know what we are doing, what we will do, and how to know others, without guessing..if we only tap into that inner source. however, i don't believe anyone can speak to or for the dead, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes, I do.

I think some are frauds but there are many with legitimate gifts.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• @Scuba... yes everyone does :) This relative was very specific, so we know who he was. He died about 4 yrs ago. But I was like "Forgive me for what? Not being bullied verbally?" lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would be rather hypocritical to think no one has these gifts, seeing how I get visions & dreams. But I think there are just as many frauds out there as there are real ones. I look at it this way, if they seem to be in it to make a buck, chances are they are. If they seem like they are in it to help others - again, they usually are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010