what is wrong with my dog?

she has seen the vet shes not sick, yet she keeps going potty in my dining room, around 1am, i was up tried to put her outside , she did not want to go. so i went to bed I caught her , threw her outside, then put her in the laundry room. I cant take it no more , she is 2 she knows better

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 8:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pets

• If physical reasons have been ruled out (ie she's not sick), it may be behavioral. You need to see a veterinary behaviorist. In the meantime, check this out (Re-Housetraining Your Adult Dog): http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/retrain-dog.pdf

JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Either she doesnt wanna go out side for weather reasons or maybe she has a bladder infection. Did they test for that?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yep, take her water away around 5 pm and start using that crate for a week or so. AND the place where she potties, clean it with a good pet cleaner, then put her food dish there and have her eat there for about a week. Also get down on that spot and play there with her toys, it will help remark that area as a place she doesn't want to pee. But in the meantime, keep her really well supervised in the house, or in the crate when you can't watch her so she doesnt go seek out another secret pee area. AND feed her just a tiny piece of string cheese or hot dog every single time she potties for you outside...and yes you have to give it to her right when she does it outside. That will help persuade her to get outside to potty. Good luck!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think she don't want to go outside, they did look 4 a bladder infec, shes alright. I'm thinking she needs to be caged again like when we were potty training her
    kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She's just in the habit of going potty in that spot every day. Try to break the habit by putting her in a kennel for the night or putting her in a different room. Make sure that the smell is thoroughly removed. Leave her outside to potty right before you go to bed for a good 15 minutes at least.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• don't let her drink at night, I have to put the water dish away in the evening or my dog will definantly pee overnight, I think she has a small/weak bladder.
    MamaZena

Answer by MamaZena at 9:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i waould also try the poddy pad and see if she would use them if you dont want to put her in a cage i know its hard to cage my babys
    Izaclilsunshine

Answer by Izaclilsunshine at 1:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would do the cage at night. It is not going to hurt her. just be sure you take her out right before you go to bed and I would take up the water bowl an hour before bed.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2010