• In the Spotlight:

How many people use this regularly?

Seems like the same 100 or so people. If I can recognize screen names, there must not be that many people using it.

I mean if there were 1000s of Users here, they people would constantly be different and you'd rarely recognize anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think bellsandheels hit it on the head. Unless you go looking back through the list you are only going to see the most recent questions and those will be the people who normally post when you are on. Someone else may see another group of posters. Also, you have to factor in the lurker and anon factor. I do think that this section is a microcosm of the site as a whole. Obviously not everyone signing in to CM is going to spend time here. it is just one small section after all
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I second the idea that most stay in Groups.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• There are people who are here every day and answer lots and lots of questions...those are the ones you'll recognized. Then there's people who are off and on, depending on how busy their lives are at any given time. And there are those they join, hang for a while, then never come back.
    And as far as cafemom as a whole, many people have different sections they prefer. Some like journals, others Answers, some folks mostly stay in their groups, while others frequent The Stir.
    Also, some screen names and/or avatars are more likely to stick out in your mind than others. I see people here that have lots and lots of points, so they obviously answer a lot of questions, but I don't really recognize them because they use one of the cafemom avatars instead of their own and have a screen name that just sort of blends into the background.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• There are times when I am on here a lot and then others when I am not. I have been here recently a lot because my DD was in the hospital and at night when I couldn't sleep I would come here and answer questions.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well I imagine there are thousands on CM, some of them might not be on very much, some might be on at different times of day, and some may be interested only in the groups they are in-- and don't get to the Answers section. Some might be 'lurkers'- ones who are on and read the stuff, but don't post.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh, I am sure it is in the thousands......

Answer by older at 9:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm off an on, think most don't use this everyday, but some do at least I recognize some names.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I see new names pop up all the time it used to be the same 100 or so now a new ones are popping in I like to see that except for the man named John that was on here the other day from FB
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i fogot about answers actually lol! But im going to stick around again lol!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 9:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well, I've been on the site for a long time but have just gotten active with it the past week. Now I really enjoy it and am on as often as I can. I've noticed some names are popping up over and over, but as others have said, that's because we have similar interests and share groups. I see lots of new names, too.
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010