This really sucks!

I've broke out in an allergic rash all over my hands and half way up my arms. Worse, the kitchen is a mess and I badly need to wash dishes. I'm procrastinating big time cause my hands are so sore. Sticking my hands in hot soapy water is like holding my hands on the electric burner on the stove when it's on high.

I keep finding my self wishing I could make my 14 yr old dd do them. I won't of course, I'm not that mean. A couple of years ago I tried to make that her chore (before I knew better, I mean I did dishes for my parents at age 9) It was suggested to me because my dd had mild Asperger's she may have an advertence (sp?) to doing dishes because of simply put it might bother her or the textures of the soap, water or the dirty dishes themselves cause an issue for her. I never really understood or "got it" but figured others knew more than me, especially if it caused her to melt down. As long as she doesn't have chores she seems fine.

I'm still procrastinating, lol....bad mommy.

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• aww im sorry! Ive never heard of anything like that but it seems like its painfull!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 9:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I feel your pain. Maybe you need to go have a bath in oatmeal to soath it and then you can do the dishes later today.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• What is Asperger's? I know I can look it up but I'ld rather get my info from someone that actually deals with it.

And a suggestion for your hands, slather them in unrefined raw shea butter (you can get it at a local herbal/organic/health store) and this is the best moisturizer in the world. For the actual rash, use Tea Tree Oil...it will dry it up as well as serve as a pain relieve and antiseptic (you can get it at the same store).
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That really does suck! Have you talked to your dr or pharmacist? Maybe they could reccommend something to help soothe your skin. Until then, try not to let the dirty dishes bother you. If your like me, that's easier said than done, but you have a good reason to let them sit awhile! Hope you feel better!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Put some benedryl lotion or spray on your arms and hands. In the meantime screw the dishes or get a pair of dish gloves
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i agree with steph319
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a friend with Aspergers..this is just my opinion ok, but he is quite functional, I don't think it's good to shelter or baby your dd..she will have to function in the world and doing dishes is a part of real life, if she grows up thinking she doesn't have to address any real life issues, even as small as the dishes, when she gets out into the real world she is going to have a VERY difficult time with bigger things, I think dishes are a great place to start..if it's presented in a way that isn't so much about her, but seeing her Mom is in pain and she needs help, it might give it a different twist and make her feel like a big hero for helping...? I'm so sorry for your pain, if I were there I'd do the dishes for you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ouch im sorry momma x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010