Did you see Ellen yesterday?

I can def app humor but I was a little taken back by Ellens show yesterday. She played a joke on the audience by pretending someones husband was flown in from Iraq to suprise her. She read a letter and brought the woman onstage to "open" a big gift. When she opened it it was a man in uniform posing as her husband. I was soo upset and cried for joy to then find out it was a joke. The man and woman were playing along and acted as tehy didnt know eachother. they were just staff members for the show. No real reunion. Again, I can app humor but this seemd to be almost mocking those families that have loved ones at war. Especially around the holidays. What did/do you think about this?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• i did see the show and was a little taken back that she made this joke .....i hope she understands that no one thought it was funny......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I did see it and thought it in very poor taste.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I stopped watching her a few years ago... After a while it just got old. I think that's really disrepectful for her to do. It gives me one more reason not to tune in.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I didn't see that show but that's just WRONG!! Wow, I'm shocked!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That's not funny. Did you go to her website and tell her what you think? I live in a military town and am sure that didn't go over big for the families here.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Didin't see it! Sorry.
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• didn't see
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Didn't see it but Ellen should be ashamed.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 6:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010