my boyfriend

would you tell the person you supposeably love that they do 90% of everything right but the extra 10% they do wrong i thought if you love somebody you love them for thier wrongs to so is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Love isn't about the little things that you do wrong, it's about the right things you do and the feelings you have for each other. No one is perfect. We're going to all have our flaws, but just weigh out the good wrongs from the bad wrongs (drugs, cheating, etc.) Don't stress over him never doing the dishes or never picking up his dirty laundry.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You don't love them FOR their wrongs - you love them IN SPITE of their "wrongs". My husband has some annoying habits, but I don't harp on them because I do love him, nor do I point out what bugs me.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• People are not perfect so if you love them then you accept them as they are.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When you truly love someone, it's for all of the good and bad... No matter what Love should be unconditional. At least IMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think you love a person because of their faults. No one is perfect, and their faults make them who they are.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It depends on what that 10% consists of. Is it that he chews with his mouth open or is it that he stays out for days without calling? You need to consider what its worth and bring it up if you feel its necessary. Communication is the key
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes if you love someone you take their flaws too......that being said i would stand up to someone who is doing drugs , drinking, or abusing me/kids in some way........some times loving someone that needs help and cant see it ......leaving can be the best thing for them ......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah, what Steph said. But unless I'm reading it wrong, he said this to you? That must hurt! My last boyfriend used to say just the opposite..I would tell him I was a mess, too much of a mess to be in a relationship or be any good to anybody and he would tell me he loved me just the way I was, I didn't need to be fixed first (I was in counseling) I didn't need to get everything right, he was there for me and he loved me no matter if I was having a bad day or a good one. That's what love does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You take the good with the bad...as long as there is more good than bad anyway!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• People are a package deal and no one is perfect and it's likely your boyfriend knows this too. My guess is that your reason for sharing this information is to get him to change that 10%, right? Before heading down that road, you might want to consider how you are going to feel when he shares his percentages.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010