I will be away from home (10 hrs away) for the delivery and im a lil scared ill feel lonely at the hospital once the baby gets here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? i dont want to get too sad about it once the day comes.

DaniaClayton

Asked by DaniaClayton at 9:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why so far? Just remember you'll have a beautiful baby to play with.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think you'll be so busy after having the baby the time will fly well, it did for me anyway. Just concentrate on the baby and doing good there. Congrats!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Why will you be so far away? Honestly it may happen anyway, hormones and emotions can be out of control after you have a baby. I felt lonely at the hospital and it was 15 minutes from my house. The only thing I can think of is to focus on your baby and learning how to care for him or her.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• bring your favorite movies, etc... but you will be busy with the baby. i felt lonely when my husband went home for the second night... possibly have a roomate? more women are requesting that they are by themselves, but maybe having a roomate will help the time go by faster. just remember when you're down, look at your new little one... he/she will wash alllllll that away :)
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If you have a lap top, set up a web cam and talk with your family on the webcam while you're in labor or after the baby is born. A lot of people do it through Skype. That's if the hospital has internet access. Or you can just talk to them over speakerphone. You're bound to get upset either way, because it can be a very overwhelming experience. However, hearing their voice can help calm you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• im so far cuz i just moved for my husbands work. it was planned before i knew i was pregnant.

I like the skype or speakerphone idea :) thanks ya'll
    DaniaClayton

Comment by DaniaClayton (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010