Does you 2 year old dump out ALL of their toys rather than playing with them?

I had to hide the legos! lol

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well,dumping them out IS playing with them in a little one's eyes. They love the crash and boom!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes
    it is fun, try it!
    really fun when someone else cleans up the mess
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• dd likes to dump out my moms bucket of plastic cookie cutters.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Dumping them out is him playing with them. As well as him diging in and actually playing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yep! He does it all the time! I usually don't mind it. We have organizational cubes/shelves on the wall for most of his toys, but stuff like Legos, toy foods for his kitchen, blocks and other small stuff are in plastic storage containers with lids. If I have to make sure everything is picked up--like if we're having people over or I'm just tired of him dumping them, I put some of them away for a while. I like to rotate toys out sometimes too, so he doesn't get as bored with them. If you put something away for a couple weeks and bring it out, they usually act like it's new again.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son is 13 months and yes, he's at that stage where he likes to dump things out and make a mess but no playing with them. I simply pick up his toys at the end with him, to show we can clean are messes after were done playing!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh, yes... and I don't mind... as long as he stays occupied it's fine... I just make him put them away when he's done- lol!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010