sugar gilders...any one have any

we have two one is mean and one is nice any tips on how to tame him or her lol thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pets

• i raised them for several years. you just have to keep handling the mean one. be gentle and frequent. offer treats [live mealworms were a fav, as well as hummingbird nectar- but the nectar should only be an occasional treat]. try different treats to gain the mean one's trust, but in the end, desensitizing the mean one to handling is going to make the biggest difference. some sugar gliders are wild caught and may get used to handling, but never truly tame. keep in mind when around children. the male is the meanie? they can be territorial, both over their mate and their cage. good luck! msg me 4 anymore questions
    sensei.izumi

Answer by sensei.izumi at 1:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• thank you so much I thought the girl was the mean one lol I will pm you later if that's ok

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• np :) the males get a bald patch on the tops of their heads, so its easier to tell them apart. and it's fine to msg me anytime :)
    sensei.izumi

Answer by sensei.izumi at 12:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2008