Something is impersonating my husband...

We moved into this house about 2 1/2 years ago. The woman who built it passed away in here and sometimes we see what we think is evidence of her...she loved to cook and the trash can lid will flip up, a cabinet will open then close, etc. That is No big deal to us. However, my sd and I have both had experiences where someone or thing is acting like my dh. Here are 3 good examples: I saw dh walk past a doorway in a room with one door. I thought to myself how it was strange he had changed his shirt. I walked into the room already talking to him and when I got in there I was alone. I was confused and a little wierded out especially when I found dh sitting in another room on the other side of the house. He had not in fact changed his shirt and would have had to pass me to get where he was sitting. The other day I heard sd in her room yell something and thought that was odd. A few seconds later she opens her door and says she heard daddy's knock on the door so she yelled "come in" but again dh was in the kitchen at the time and would have had to pass me. Finally, this morning I was in bed awake but with my eyes closed. I heard the bathroom doorknob jiggle and footsteps walk around the bed to my side. Then I heard a voice that was almost my dh's say my name. I looked up and no one was there. I called out dh's name and it turns out he was in the back bathroom, on the otherside of the house. We all believe in ghosts but what does it mean if someone or thing is impersonating a living person? I should mention that the people who lived here before us were less than desirable characters. We did a ton of successful spiritual cleansing when we first moved in but we are unsure about this one, unresolved...whatever-it-is!

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 10:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My spirit is like that too. He thinks he's funny! He'll cough or clear his throat like my husband. He calls out my name.
    Sounds like your spirit is just playing with you and your family.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I dont know what to tell you about that... But we have a ghost that sets off the fire alarm, moves things that we set down to another place like keys , the remote, earrings etc. sorry I couldnt be of more help....
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That's creepy. I wouldn't feel comfortable living there.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• When we got our first house there was a spirit like that there... To the point that my DH would be at work and my BIL & I would see him walk through the house. The first time I even yelled at him for being home before I realized - that wasn't him... It wasn't anything dangerous, and I don't think yours is either. It can be a little creepy at times, but I think it's simply mimicking what it sees and trying to be a part of the family...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am not sure of your faith so I really cannot answer this question. I know what it is but want to approach this in a way you can understand.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Shaneagle, if you could just explain what you think it is I would appreciate it.
    BluDog

Comment by BluDog (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• it is not impersonating him. it is a man that may resemble him. if it is not doing anything harmful leave it be, if you still feel uncomfortable pray for God to reveal what it is this restless spirit wants and to remove it from your now home.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Maybe it is sounds being carried through the vents?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It doesnt sound harmful so I really wouldnt worry to much about it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• maybe the spirit is just having fun
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010