If you don't work, do you buy your husband xmas gift with his own money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• It isn't "His" money. We are married and all money is 'OUR' money.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well, being that his money is OUR money, yes. The amount that we spend on each of us is agreed to prior to spending.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Umm, when you're married, what's yours is his and vice versa!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing! I work but only 2 days a week. This year we decided on a joint gift. We are buying a new tv for our bedroom from eachother.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Our money goes in one big pot. So who knows if it ends up being his money or mine. in the end it's our money :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• its our money !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Everybody works, not everybody gets paid. Who laundred his clothing? Who made his meals? You have fallen into the same trap as women who send their kids to daycare so they can work at a job that pays them nothing after they pay their gas and daycare, only to find out at the end of the year that they are also paying more in taxes because they bumped their husband's income into a higher bracket.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I consider it to be "our" money for paying bills, but I work to buy things that I want myself.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My husband works to bring money into OUR home. It isn't HIS money alone, it is OUR money. We are married and we contribute to the home in different ways. I'm a SAHM and he works outside of the home. Therefore, we are providing for OUR home together.

To answer your question, yes the money that he brings home goes to Christmas gifts.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• "You have fallen into the same trap as women who send their kids to daycare so they can work at a job that pays them nothing after they pay their gas and daycare, only to find out at the end of the year that they are also paying more in taxes because they bumped their husband's income into a higher bracket."  Quoted by LoveMyDog...

There are women out there who make damn good money at what they do and can actually afford to send their childen to daycare.  Some women even work and the husbands stay at home.  Imagine that.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2010