So.. how many of you have kids that have already gotten into the presents!!??

My daughter got into them this morning.. luckily she only opened one. But what got me was she wasn't even discreet about it. She came to me laughing and said "I opened a present. It's in my drawer in my room. hahaha" What a turd!!! This afternoon I am taking her and having her put it in the donation box for Toys for Tots. She thinks im bluffing. She will soon see that I am NOT! So.. how many of you have kids that got into the gifts and how did you handle it?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Hahahah I love what you are doing, giving the gift to the donation box. She will not do be opening any other gifts again.

.................................................................................
    Will my grandkids new we had gifts in our luggage so they peek in it a saw one gift. I just told them first they are not seeing things right and they I just told him yes there is one game in there and that is it. And if they look again it may go back to the store?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We hide ours in my locked craft room this year. Last year my daughter opened hers and looked inside then retaped the boxes. I didn't know about that until after the fact. We got her a pillow pet and it was hidden in our closet she is NOT getting that one this year she has shown it to I don't know how many kids already. I found out because she hadn't stuffed it back into the closet where I had it hidden it was just kind of out in the open. She is going to be 1 disappointed child I think the Easter Bunny will bring it.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have almost everything put away on the top shelf in our closet - it's so high I can hardly reach it! But, the other night, I didn't get everything I bought put up there, and my 5yo saw one of the presents - on the upside, it's for my neice, on the downside, she thought it was hers and told her sisters they were getting a pink Barbie car! (They already have 2 of them). I'm not a wrapper til we need them so I don't have to worry about the kids opening gifts ahead of time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We have gifts under our tree already, but my child has not gotten into them she knows better :) I think that is a great lesson in making her give the toy to toys for tots.....So what is the gift and how old is she????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My DH is something else. They have peeked in prior years, so this year when we were done shopping, DH screwed our closet door shut.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son did it once and didn't tell me he did. On Christmas Morning, he was so let down because he already knew what everything was. He finally confessed later and promised never to do it again.

Now he's almost 13 and if I say the presents are in my room, don't go in there, he won't go near my room. He said that peeking ruined all the fun and anticipation for him.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Does my husband count? LOL I asked him to carry a bunch of bags to my craft room, completely forgetting that all his presents were sitting right there, unwrapped....oops!! At least he was really excited about them so I know I got him good stuff :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I haven't wrapped them yet and they are hidden away. I'm off work on Friday so I may start wrapping on Friday morning when he's in school. But I don't know if I will put them under the tree yet. A little worried my DOG might start chewing on them, ugh.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• PS.. would also like to add that they were NOT under the tree! We had them all hidden in our closet in a big box
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son tried. He was peeking into a box and I stopped him. I have now moved his stuff to my friends house.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010