Vegan lunches for school?

Need ideas for vegan lunches for my daughter. She doesnt like the taste of vegan lunch meat but I cant think of anything else I could give her.Please help

ooksanab25

Asked by ooksanab25 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Does she like hummus? It is so good and my kids love it. You can dip veggies and pita chips in it.. yum... Of how about since its cold, soup, stew in a thermos.

You can also do other kids of veggie wraps too.
    Msshe

Answer by Msshe at 10:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Jennifer McCann has a Blog called Vegan Lunch Box.  I love it.  I am sure you can find something there!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am not vegan, and I don't personally know anyone who is, so I don't know what kinds of meals you eat, BUT, if you get a food thermos you can heat up leftovers or other hot foods and pack it in there, soups, etc, and then just a couple of other things (apple, carrots, etc) in other containers or baggies. That's kind of my go-to answer, because a food thermos gives you a much bigger range of possibilities!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't blame her for not liking the meat replacement stuff, I think it's gross too. Do you have the cookbook Veganomicon? There are some great recipes in there that would be great for lunches. I really like their black bean burgers and spinach kugel.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks
    ooksanab25

Comment by ooksanab25 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hummus wraps are great. Pasta salad with lots of veggies could work as well.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Most days, my daughter takes a thermos with leftovers, or with whole wheat pasta, steamed veggies, and marinara or peanut sauce.

I have a huge list of mostly vegan bagged lunch ideas; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2010