does he care?

I know my DH is a good man, but sometimes I just have to wonder about how much he really likes being with me.. We only see each other about one hour a day 5 days a week because of our work/ school schedules, besides the 2 days off he has.. and those days i am in class for 4 hours out of each day. Those 2 days go by so fast, and I really want to spend as much time with him as I can. I MISS HIM! But now that its football season, he has to go to the games, which take about 6 hours out of our time together.. it makes me really sad.. I know he needs to do things for himself, but .. doesnt he care to spend his time with me? I dont want to do anything else but be with him... going to the games with him isnt an option either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, we get so busy these days that we need to schedule time together, just like everything else. In my relationship, I am the one who has to plan time together if I want it. Guys prefer to veg out with sports, movies, whatever. No matter how active they are, it's still a way to get down time and be oblivious to life. Find a niche in the weekend that you can call your own and stick to it. Even during the week, see if you can squeeze in a little romance before you fall asleep. In between semesters, plan at least one overnight you can look forward to. Reintroduce things you enjoy together during these times so you both would rather do it than opt for something less important. Get his input too. He probably will appreciate it. If all that fails, you will need to reevaluate how busy you are and how much time togehther is worth.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Men sometimes get so comfortable in a relationship that they forget we women enjoy quality time together. I suggest that you plan some "we" time. If you have 2 days you can budget some time. You showed 10 hrs of those days taken which leaves another 14 hr available - 8 for sleeping then there are still six hrs left per day to enjoy time with each other.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• ... He thinks our 'we' time right now is birth class......... woopdie...
    Anonymous

• You need to communicate your needs to him, let him know that you want to be with him or setup a special time/event together. He can't read your mind.
    hatg

Answer by hatg at 8:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008