Lost my job and cant find another one

I have 2 young boys and lost my job 2 months ago. Since then i have been trying non stop to get a job. I've had interviews but places dont call me back and when i call them back they say the position has already been filled. Me and there dad split up awhile ago so things are really hard and i am trying to get a job so that i can have my kids back all the time. I saw something online about using your car as advertisement like company's paying you to drive around with their advertisement on your car. has anyone done that? I dont know what to do anymore

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• sorry ur going thru this ((hugs)) The only thing you can do is keep looking for work even if you have to travel which I think you will have to anyways driving w advertisement on your car..and you'd put wear and tear on your car..Maybe go into the next town or a different part of town and you may have to commute...I'd look at fast food atleast it's something for now to get you started and while you're working be applying for other places that's the only thing I'd know to do
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i know exactly how you feel. i've been trying to find a job for two yrs and nothing yet. i also have a 5 yr old son. i've been applying for jobs like crazy and been on some interviews. nothing yet. i just keep applying and hope for the best. no i haven't done the whole car advertisement thing. it sounds like a scam.
    jholmes073

Answer by jholmes073 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i normally drive 2000-3000 miles a month on my jeep so wear and tear isn't really something i'm concerned about. i've applied for jobs all over i live in a little town so there is really nothing out here
    Malibu1979

Comment by Malibu1979 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am also unemployed.. Please collect support from their dad the court would allow a fee waiver, also apply for Gov. help.. you can get support weather or not you were married & even if just separated. good luck
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Have you looked into any work at home jobs. Some are expensive and I am afraid of losing alot of money. I am going to try Labella baskets after the first of the year. It is 1.97 for 7 days. After that it is about 20 a month. No quota's to meet either. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If you're interested in some other options check my blog-I would be doing it full time if it weren't for the fact that I already have a full time job, the income has been well worth what I put out there to start up.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have heard of that and it is legit. However, you have to be willing to have your car plastered with ads and to be on the road a lot.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I began to look into that, but I never really followed through with it. Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it!I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 21 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• keep looking OP! Don't give up. I have been a sahm for almost 3 years and just now started looking for a job. We are struggling so much financially. I applied to many places, had two interviews. One job I didnt get, one I am anxiously waiting a call from (took a drug test for them on monday). The job would be for a distribution center. Not the most ideal job, lots of work, high colume environment, but it's a job.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm curious as to why you can't have your kids all the time now. How would a job change that?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010