how do you deal with stress and depression?

how do you all deal with stress and depression? ive been unemployed for two yrs and i have a 5 yr old Pre-K son. i'm so stressed out and frustrated. i go to college and im a veteran. i dont understand why i havent found a job yet. ive been applying all over the place. i dont know what to do.

jholmes073

Asked by jholmes073 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• MEDICATION....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my hubby has depression he takes st.johns wort it works pretty good.. I am recently unemployed I keep myself busy caring for the kids & hope to go to school soon.. try keeping a diary & maybe talk to a counselor.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I try to keep myself busy. If I am sitting around doing nothing my mind will roam. I like to go jogging to clear my head also.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nothing I've tried has worked except for continuous prayer. If you can,. exercise daily, it gives you energry and increases endorphins, which make you feel better.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks ladies. i think i will start exercising again. running makes me feel better. ive been praying and reading my Bible. i keep trying to stay positive and think about positive things.
    jholmes073

Comment by jholmes073 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Talk to a dr about it. Definitely exercising helps. Praying and reading your Bible is great. I always feel great after Reading His Word. How are your eating habits? Maybe eat healthier. I hope things get better for you very soon.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my eating habits are horrible right now. ive lost like 30 lbs over the last yr from stress and im very skinny. i dont get hungry much and i have to forced myself to eat because when i do eat my stomach hurts. my stress and depression is messing up my appetite and i get migraines and i have trouble sleeping. ive tried talking to therapist and other people it doesnt help much. i still feel the same way. i hate taking meds unless i have a really bad migraine. i definitely need to get healthier. im trying to figure out what to buy so i can eat better. my taste for somethings have changed so i have to find things to eat that wont make me gag.
    jholmes073

Comment by jholmes073 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• you trust in God and constantly pray and praise him for what you do have. everything in life is a learning experience and another chance for God to show you his love and favor. All he want is for you to trust and rely only on him and acknowledge him in all your ways.I've been homeless and worst, He did it for me and he will do it for you just and believe. Prayer is so powerful you will be amazed!
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ive been homeless myself. so i know what you mean. ive been through a lot and i always try to lean on God. i always try to trust in God and give him my all.
    jholmes073

Comment by jholmes073 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The economy is horrible everywhere, so don't be so hard on yourself. It's not your fault. You're doing everything you can.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2010