Do any ladies on here have triple negative breast cancer?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• Never heard triple negative breast cancer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have not heard of this??? We have a strong family history of breast cancer and I have never heard of this. What is it?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:54 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is a rare breast cancer that test negative for the common causes. With the research mom and I have done we have come to the conclusion that it is environmental. It is VERY agressive and based on what you read not a good chance of "beating" it past 5 years. I refuse to believe that, that is why I posted this question because I need hope. My mom was diagnosed in February and has taken a beating from the cancer, raidiation, and chemo. It just keeps comming back. The good thing is, is that it is staying close to the same location and is on the second layer of the "skin".
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple-negative_breast_cancer

******************************
    I Googled it and here is the definition. In the LINK above.
    Google is your friend.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have never heard of it before. I am sorry about your mom. Praying that she can actually beat this and live cancer free.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Angellinda I think that's what she has check out her page.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My mom's situation is "rare" in all cases. 1) No family history of breast cancer (or cancer in general) 2)Positive for triple negative breast cancer 3) Tested negative for both BRC1 and BRC2 gene (most triple negative patients have it) 4) Chemo cocktail only made her "sick" a couple of times (she realizes now how sick she was because of how good she feels now) 5)She had to have 38 rounds of radiation plus 9 rounds of "booster radiation" ( most breast cancer patients do not do radiation)

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• *BRCA1 BRCA2 gene (sorry)
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2010